GEDSI & Program Performance Lead
BE THE FIRST TO APPLY
- Are you interested in applying your high level GEDSI experience and your ability to manage, monitor and support the performance of a large multi program facility working to support primary healthcare, basic education and social protection in Timor-Leste?
- Provide technical leadership, management, and cohesion of PHDs cross-cutting pillars of GEDSI, MEL and Communications.
- Join the Australia Timor-Leste Partnership for Human Development (PHD) on a long-term, 18-month contract (with possible extension), international ARF position C4, based in Dili, Timor-Leste
About the Program
The PHD supports the Government of Timor-Leste’s Strategic Development Plan 2011-2030 and reflects Australia’s commitment to work in partnership with Timor-Leste to invest in improved wellbeing for Timor-Leste’s people. PHD aims to deliver lasting impact on the program goal: ‘People in Timor-Leste are healthier, better-educated and better able to contribute to Timor-Leste’s development.’ Through PHD, Australia supports the Government of Timor-Leste (GoTL) to deliver higher quality and inclusive services in primary healthcare, basic education and social protection.
PHD is a multi-sector facility with 3 key program sectors (Health, Education and Social Protection). Gender Equality, Disability, Nutrition and Governance for System Strengthening (GSS) work is considered cross cutting across all program engagement areas. PHD must remain flexible and responsive to the changing context in Timor-Leste at times this may include emergency response and other tasking directed by the Australian Embassy in Timor-Leste and the GoTL.
Abt Associates Australia is the implementation partner for PHD, contracted since May 2016 until May 2026.
About the Opportunity
The GEDSI & Program Performance Lead forms part of the PHD executive team and is responsible for leading the implementation of PHD’s Gender and Disability Equity strategies and overseeing the management of Program Performance including Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) and Communications. This position will perform a lead role in the ongoing review of program performance, results and learning against strategic priorities and will identify opportunities for continuous program improvement and innovation to support effective planning and delivery.
The GEDSI & Program Performance Lead will work collaboratively with PHD Deputy Team Leaders, the Australian Embassy in Dili, development partners and relevant line ministries to ensure strategic and technical clarity of the cross-cutting pillars of GEDSI-MEL-Communications portfolio to mitigate risks and maximise the impact.
Key components of the role include:
- Provide technical leadership and cross-cutting collaboration on GEDSI-MEL-Communications to ensure program strategies, annual plans, reflections and related activities are managed coherently across PHD.
- Work as a collaborative member of the PHD executive, with focus on technical oversight and evidence-based advice on GEDSI-MEL-Communications and the performance of sector portfolios against expected policies, outcomes and strategies.
- Coordinate the required GEDSI-MEL-Communications technical services and ensure timely and high-quality technical inputs and activities across PHD, aligned with strategic priorities.
- Lead the relationship with Abt global technical teams relevant to this role ensuring high quality inputs.
- Contribute to the ongoing political economy analysis activities to inform PHD and DFAT decision making.
- With GEDSI focal points in each sector, lead GEDSI integration (principles, minimum standards, deliverables) into all program activities and functional units including human resources, grants, operations and others.
- Ensure GEDSI considerations are reflected, monitored and reported through the program’s results frameworks and work plans.
- Develop systems for senior management accountability for GEDSI programming and results.
- Work closely with senior staff across the Program to support effective delivery of GEDSI focussed activities.
Performance & Communications
- Oversee the implementation of the approved MEL system, to effectively monitor, evaluate, and report on the quality of PHD’s overall program delivery performance.
- Identify opportunities for improvements, synergies and innovation to support program planning, adaptive management and implementation.
- When needed, assist MEL focal points to develop, track and report against GEDSI indicators and disaggregate data to analyse results.
- Oversee the Communications team to effectively communicate strategic performance and quality reporting for PHD.
- Support the development of strategic communications products to advance program objectives.
- Support the program in identifying and communicating successes and lessons learned; providing technical and writing support for reporting as required.
- Network and share information through Communities of Practice and other knowledge management mechanisms.
- Directly manage, oversee performance and build capacity of GEDSI-MEL-Communications direct line reports.
- Coordinate GEDSI-MEL-Communications program documents and processes, including annual reports, annual plans and budgets, policy dialogue matrices, Partner Performance Assessments and other documents as required.
- Build and foster productive relationships with external stakeholders, partners, consultants and grantees.
- Advise on risk management relevant to sectors and monitor compliance with all relevant policies and guidelines.
- Ensure that relevant Abt Associates policies such as gender, child protection, environment, social inclusion and work health and safety are fully integrated into program delivery.
We are seeking an individual who will bring:
- Advanced degree in a relevant field.
- Substantial senior program management experience and GEDSI-MEL expertise applied in large scale, multi-sectoral programs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage programs with a focus on improving performance and effectiveness.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and proven experience in developing and maintaining relationships with senior partner government officials, donor representatives and other key stakeholders.
- Ability to manage large scale multi-disciplinary teams, ensuring team and program coherence.
- Exceptional communication and writing skills, with demonstrated results in providing high-quality reporting.
- Working knowledge and experience with DFAT funded program management and policies is desirable.
- Experience in and knowledge of Timor-Leste is highly desirable and language skills valuable.
Further Information & How to Apply
Please apply online by click on the Apply Now button and attach a cover letter and your up-to-date CV as a single document, addressing how you meet the requirements of this role.
For further information please email the PHD People & Culture team via [email protected]. Please insert the job title in the email subject heading.
Closing Date: Sunday, 24 September 2023 (AEST)
Abt Associates a mission-driven, global leader with a proven track record in complex program implementation in the international development sector. We offer bold solutions and technical excellence in Health, Economic Growth, Governance, Research & Evaluation, Environment & Energy, Gender Equality & Social Inclusion. Working with our many partners, we have driven measurable social impact for more than 55 years, to achieve our mission of improving the quality of life and economic well-being of people worldwide. We operate in remote and challenging environments and employ more than 3,700 staff in over 50 countries. For more information about us and what we do, visit our website at www.abtassociates.com
Abt Associates values individuality and celebrates difference with a strong commitment to all forms of diversity and equality including racial equity, gender, sexual diversity and disability inclusion. We strongly encourage people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for this position. We offer flexible work arrangements and a culturally safe environment for staff members from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds.
We are deeply committed to safeguarding, to protect and prevent harm and abuse to individuals we work for and who work for us. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. We will not tolerate discrimination, harassment, child abuse, sexual abuse or exploitation in any form, and expect everyone to be treated with respect and dignity.
- Job Identification: 104147
- Job Category: Technical (AU)
- Posting Date: 09/05/2023, 01:04 PM
- Apply Before: 09/24/2023, 10:59 PM
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Locations: Abt Associates AU, Dili, TL